Figuring Out My Turkey
I love cooking in the internet age. I think my turkey was still a bit frozen this morning, even though it has been thawing in the fridge for 2 days. I am doing a little bit of cold water speed thawing. In older days, I might panic at the thought of cooking a turkey (this is my second turkey). But in this fine internet age, it's all right there! Yes, I admit it. I shamelessly Google for cooking instructions. "What do I do if my turkey is still a little bit too frozen?" Got it. "How long do I cook a 14 lb turkey?" Check. "I don't really have a roasting pan, can I just throw it in this Pyrex thing?" Yup.
Heh.
I have made green jello and cranberry relish. I still have turkey, stuffing, and jambalaya to go. I am going to chop up the veggies for the stuffing now.
5 comments:
I'm so glad I don't have to cook a turkey.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Ditto. I'm also thankful I don't have to EAT a turkey, either. ;-)
Hope you have a super-de-duper Thankgiving!
Is it weird that I collect cookbooks (for example, I asked my sister to bring me back one from her trip to Greece, I bought 2 while in India, I have a French one (in French) from when I traveled in high school) yet I get most of my recipes online!
Hope Turkey Day went well for you...
Everything was great! I can cook after all!
I am very impressed! I am afraid of cooking, to be honest.
Glad you had a successful dinner!
Post a Comment