Overwhelmed
Trying desperately to not have a cold, finish 3 papers, and decide whether I am capable of doing NaNoWriMo. Strangely, I can breathe better this morning than last night, and the drugs should have worn off by now. I have taken tons of vitamins. I have kept myself hydrated. I am drinking juice. I have had eight or nine hours sleep the past two nights. So maybe I am not going to have a cold after all. It's a dangerous line my body is walking. We'll see what happens. If it were up to me, I wouldn't go to work today. But then, it is nearly impossible to find people to cover day shifts, and they most likely will NOT take pity on me and let me not come in. I just have to disinfect myself and try not to breathe. Sure, that's a piece of cake, not breathing for four hours.
Remember when I had the stomach bug a couple weeks ago, and I said, "Don't go to _____ for lunch"? Yeah. Don't go there today either. In no way does this equate to a real and useful warning, because I am a semi-anonymous blogger. So if you live in New Orleans and work in the CBD, you'd better not go out for lunch at all, just to be on the safe side. Your waitress could be me.
Edited to add: OH NO! The cat just sneezed four times in a row. We have the SAME COLD. Poor us.
3 comments:
I hear ya... ironically, I'm suffering the same predicament and blogged about it today myself. Feel better!
Maybe you could sneeze directly on your manager or something. Just for fun. If they're going to make you work when you're sick. Besides, you need to stay home and take care of your kitty.
Definitely play it up. Red, watery eyes, a nasal-y, stopped up voice. Go in, act like a tropper and maybe they'll send you home.
Post a Comment