Friday, November 3, 2006

Off and Running And Doing Crappily

Well, I have written 1,750 words so far, which means I need to do two days worth of writing today because I am behind in NaNoWriMo. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been beaten. I went to work last night, my first night shift in almost two weeks, and I felt my body crash at about 10:00 and was a zombie by the time I left just before midnight. On a good note, looks like $170 Thursdays are back (at last, we can retire and give up this life of crime!). I am working Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, to make up for the shifts I missed last weekend. Hopefully, by the end of it, I will be able to do that thing where I throw all my hundreds and twenties on the floor and roll in them. I slept amazingly well all night, probably because the temperature dropped about 20 degrees and I was curled up under a pile of blankets. It seems to have taken care of the rest of my cold.

I must write today. I must write a lot. And I must outline, because I need to have some document in which I pull my ideas for this book together in one place. I had some good ideas yesterday. I am going to try and write in more chronological order than I wrote my first book... which is now, go figure, suffering from timeline issues in the editing process.

Jolee is running races around me. He runs out into the living room, then he turns around and runs back through the hallway and into the office, pops up onto the back of the futon, then kicks off and runs back out of the room and down the hall, continuing on the same crazed trajectory. Wash, rinse, repeat. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sleep better on nights it's cold too. Of course it makes it harder to get up, when it's cold out in the world and so nice and warm under the covers.

Glad you're feeling better. Get busy, woman!