Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thirteen Favorite Places To Eat Out In New Orleans

Thursday Thirteen
This isn't a list of the best places to eat in New Orleans, necessarily, just the places I eat most often. That's why many of them are on the cheaper end, because, well, if I ate at the big flagship restaurants all the time, I'd have no dollars.

1. Commander's Palace (It is just that classy. I want my 25 cent martini.)

2. Camellia Grill
I once sat at the counter at the Camellia Grill in lingerie at 1 AM. True story. It was wonderful (well, it was Halloween). No one blinked an eye. I used to live right around the corner from the Camellia Grill. People have plastered it with love notes on Post-Its since Katrina. Please re-open soon, Camellia Grill. I need chili cheese fries. Word word.

3. Sukho Thai (This was my Last Supper out in New Orleans pre-K.)

4. Basil Leaf Thai (So I like Thai...)

5. Nacho Mama's (Somehow every time we go out to lunch, we end up sitting on Magazine Street having margaritas. Why is that?)

6. Upperline (I love Upperline. I love the art. I love the food. Love.)

7. Bacco (I ate this orgasmic appetizer the last time I was there.)

8. Galatoire's

9. Port of Call (Burgers and baked potatoes-- I love the baked potato.)

10. Jacque-Imo's

11. Reginelli's (I am throwing them a shout-out because they kept us from starving in January when nothing was open in the evening and we had no fridge. They were the ONLY place open and delivering.)

12. La Crepe Nanou

13. Roly Poly (I cheated, because Roly Poly is a chain, and anyway, you don't eat there. It's more like fast food. However, the amount of money I spend there is perfectly ridiculous-- seriously, I might as well just give up and live there-- so I thought they deserved a mention. In fact, now that I've given it a mention, I think I should go there right now...)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to New Orleans yet, but if I ever get there, I'm gonna have to try out Bacco. I clicked the link, and I love the three appetizers, 1 glass of wine special. That's my kind of meal. Or, if it's that kind of a day, 3 glasses of wine, 1 appetizer. Great list!

Anonymous said...

25 cent martinis!??!! I am SO in the wrong city....

BlondeBrony said...

Great selection. If I'm ever down that way I will have to check some of them out.

Debby said...

Love love love food in New Orleans! You made me hungry! I can't wait to go back!
Happy Thursday!

Geggie said...

I just love CP! I spent my 30th birthday there and numerous anniversarys of my parents. Delish and the best atmosphere and servers. Wow! The servers there are amazing! Port of Call, I dream about those burgers and baked potatoes -- with the shredded cheese. Yum. And Jacques-Imo's -- I love everything I've had there. The red velvet cupcakes are devine. I've heard that Camilla Grill won't reopen. I hope it's only a dirty rumor.

Anonymous said...

I really want to go to New Orleans! It sounds like the most vital place in the world. And as much so now as it was before. Those restaurants sound ace.

Juls

Sarah said...

Geggie-- Camellia Grill was recently purchased by one of Emeril's business partners, and it will reopen. The question is whether they'll keep it the same.