Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cats? In the Basement?

I was out last night trapping cats at an undisclosed location in Belle Chasse. (If there were two shady women lurking in an empty lot on your street last night, that was us.) cats in traps We got two, and they spent the night in my basement. I thought, "Oh, we won't hear them." Yeah, right. The basement is still gutted, so there's no insulation. And the one was pretty feral, and loudly protesting being trapped. Jolee heard them right away and his eyes went wide. He sat in the kitchen watching the door. I said, "Come in the living room, bebe, there are no cats in the basement."

He gave me a skeptical look that said, "Shut up, Sarah. I clearly hear cats in the basement and you put them there. I hate you."

It could have been worse. I only woke up once during the night to "Yow."

"Yow!"

In reply, "Yow."

A scathing retort, "Yow!"

Oh, cats. Sorry about your reproductive bits. Hope your surgeries went well! Don't hate me too much-- it was for your own good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jolee is clearly no fool.

I'm impressed with your cat wrangling skills! And I'm sure those cats will be happy to be rid of their reproductive bits. Makes 'em more aerodynamic.