KOTOR, Redux
I've spent the last couple of nights knocking around the GFFA ("Galaxy Far, Far Away" to the uninitiated). This is going to be my second full playthrough of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I had some previous games saved on the other computer before it became obstinate and refused to work. I never manage to play dark side because I hate that you have to be a bully. I think a real Sith lord wouldn't bother stealing credits from two-bit card players on Tattooine, and it's not very realistic. I think I'd spend my time being a lot more evil than that. Unfortunately, that's the way the game portrays evil. Evil is a lot more fun in KOTOR II, though, and I've gotten further with it.
Anyway, I just escaped from the Leviathan. I pretty much looted the ship and killed everyone. Now I'm on Tattooine getting the last Star Map. My character, the redhead, is named Karoly Durrik. There aren't any redheads as head choices in the game, so I downloaded a mod, which I ended up having to recolor slightly. She had blue eyeshadow. I sort of couldn't deal with it. I don't see Jedi or smugglers as wearing eyeshadow. I recolored her eyelids in the texture to a more natural shade in Gimp. The highlight of this particular game is the Make Mission a Jedi mod. Mission Vao is everyone's favorite teenage Twi'lek, and she always has something opinionated and snarky to say. But unfortunately, once you have a party full of Jedi, it doesn't make much sense to use her after Dantooine. My Mission, however, is a Level 16 Jedi Consular. I definitely recommend this mod... except the spelling and grammar in the dialogue leaves something to be desired. But I can overlook that, for the sake of sheer ass-kickery.
Mission and Karoly fighting back to back. It sort of looks like my lightsaber is chopping Mission in half in the screenshot. Oops. But my point is, Mission rocks the purple saber well.
1 comment:
Cool :)
Post a Comment