Saturday, July 22, 2006

I'm On A Victorian TV Spree

A Masterpiece Theatre rampage, if you will. I have been watching The Forsyte Saga this week on Netflix, which is slightly infuriating because there are only 2 episodes on each DVD. Of course, I watch the whole disc at once and then am forced to wait for the next to arrive. To carry my my obsession further, I have ordered North and South and Wives and Daughters on DVD. These are both adaptations of Elizabeth Gaskell books. I haven't seen North and South but have heard excellent things and am very much looking forward to it.

Still more reason people outside NOLA need to know that things are not back to normal here: Do your orders from Amazon get the following caveat?

"Your order is being sent to an area recently affected by Hurricane Katrina. We estimate that delivery of your shipment may be delayed up to 10 days or more. Click here for more information."

Shame on the government, shame on the U.S. Postal Service, and shame on people who think we're a bunch of whiners down here. And with that thought, I am off to watch some period drama.

No comments: