Sunday, June 11, 2006

Well, I Voted For Him

Really, my manager needs to warn me before seating Mitch Landrieu and seven of his family members on my table. I don't think that would be too much to ask. As it was, it went something like, "Hi, my name is Sarah, can I start you off with a bev--" wait, is that? Um yeah, definitely is. During the race for mayor, his face was pretty much plastered all over the city. I recognized him right away, of course, and had to stop myself from blurting out, "Well, I voted for you!" 'Cause I think that would have been tacky, especially seeing as the city frustratingly re-elected Nagin in the runoff. But seriously, guys, it is just mean to stick Lieutenant Governors on people's tables without a head's up. Just saying.

And yes, of course they were very nice.

2 comments:

Geggie said...

That is very rude! A heads up would be nice. My brother is the executive director of a major non-profit up in Shreveport. He was at a fund raiser and was told that "someone" from Landrieu's office would be there. He got to the table and he was seated between Mary and Mitch. Again, with the no head's up.

Sarah said...

Oh, it was fun. Just got a bit of a surprise when he turned around to order a Coke!