Stretching Out Like the Cat
Dragged myself in to work this morning, only to find there were eight people on the schedule for lunch. For a Tuesday, it should be more like five if anyone expects to make money. Since it was my birthday, they asked me first if I wanted to go home. Whoo! Let me think about that one... It is nice to have a job where some days they're just like, "Ehhh, we don't need you. Go home." I already picked up an extra shift this week, so the money isn't a big deal. It's sort of confusing to have this transient haphazard schedule... if you were a person who set a lot of store by plans, or who had a lot going on, this would probably not be the job for you. For example this week, spur of the moment, I worked Sunday lunch instead of Wednesday dinner, and next Sunday dinner instead of Tuesday lunch. You have to be flexible.
So now I am flexibly heading outside to bask in the sun. And getting some writing done. We think we might go to Emeril's tonight. Not sure yet. It's a Tuesday in the summer season, so we didn't make a reservation. We'll probably just be able to walk into any restaurant and get a table. Happy Birthday to me!
2 comments:
You are a busy girl. So you waitress? I could never do that. I am clumsy and I can't remember anything (ADD).
Have a wonderful birthday!
Thanks!
It's the only job I've had where you get physical exercise. Usually after Saturday night my legs are sore as if I worked out. Once I had to ice my feet. I am pretty klutzy myself, and it's really a miracle I don't drop more stuff. I dropped my first plate this week, actually-- but it was an entire plate of fries. Oops. They flew everywhere.
Post a Comment