Back in Business
Sweetie gets a law degree! And a funny velvety hat! And there was much rejoicing. Except by Sarah, who was disgruntled by the fact that the internet was out for FIVE entire days but too busy to do anything about it. Just kidding, I rejoiced too. There were some sketchy moments (Mike cut his leg open with a knife, construction next door began at 6:30 AM each day and drove me onto the living room couch to get some sleep, the Mexican working in our basement turned off the power to our fridge and then left for the day, my cat was pissed at me and chewed up a bag of bread and strewed it across the kitchen), but it was a good weekend with some good dinners. (I had The Most Amazing Thing Ever (TM) at Bacco in the quarter Saturday night. Supposedly it was oyster and artichoke au gratin something or other, but we'll just call it The Most Amazing Thing Ever. It was followed by the Most Amazing Pasta Ever, the leftovers of which I just finished. Yum. But I think next time I will forego the entree and just get three Amazing Things.)
It has yet to sink in that our friends are moving away and not coming back. We did inherit all their meat and beer... but we will still miss them. It will be interesting to see how our social lives play out this summer. The general Tulane graduation ceremony was pretty cool-- we got to see Presidents Bush (old Bush) and Clinton speak, and then at the end Ellen Degeneres spontaneously made an appearance onstage in a bathrobe, which was awesome. It was one of the least boring graduations I've attended. And we got a Commencement 2006 bead. Only in New Orleans! The law school graduation was, I think, a little less exciting, but the gin and tonic I brought in a go-cup helped.
Now I hope you will excuse me while I go stare at my shiny 4.0 GPA for this semester. Cheers!
(Traumatized by Mike's family in the house, construction in the basement, and the nail gun being used on the next door neighbors' roof, Jolee spends graduation weekend shooting me dirty betrayed looks from under the bed.)
2 comments:
Glad you guys could put all the beer and meat to good use. Now just promise that you will come and hang out at the beach one of these weekends.
g&t in a go cup... that's my sarah!
Sometime next year, you should come visit CA. I'll put you up!
I would say this year, but it was 101 today and I don't anticipate it getting below 90 until November/December.
Post a Comment