Friday, May 12, 2006

What Not To Do in a Restaurant
Mike's parents got here today, and we've been having a really busy graduation week-- in which it is finally setting in that our friends are actually going to pack up and leave. As in, this weekend. This means that everyone is giving us their meat and beer, but it also means the people we like are scattering to far parts of the U.S. and we are sad. But sometimes, even in the busiest and most poignant of times, nitwittery abounds, as the inestimable Miss Snark would say. Therefore, I take a moment to present Tip #3:

Do not leave a $0.90 tip on a $92 check. I could maybe maybe see why you might do this if you were paying in cash (in the vague sort of way that I can maybe maybe see what it is like to live on Pluto, but I can, you know, almost conceptualize it)... but seriously. Writing in $0.90 on a credit card slip will only guarantee that the entire staff of the restaurant you just left is now hanging around the service bar laughing at you. How utterly bizarre. Why not just leave it blank? What would even come over a person to cause them to WRITE IN CHANGE on a credit card slip and sign it? There is a place right up the street where your special asses can dine: it's called the McDonald's dollar menu.

No comments: