Monday, March 13, 2006

Cancel That, We're Going To Have A Rant After All

The U.S. Postal Service. What the fuck?

OK, so I previously noted that in our neighborhood the mail has been coming on a regular basis, which made us lucky compared to a lot of people from New Orleans. Yeah, well... can someone please explain why the mail has gotten WORSE over the last month? I am not making this up. The man came every day like clockwork at 3:30 during January and February. I'm home. He parks the truck on our corner. It didn't come Saturday, nor did it come today. Two people called me this weekend and said they got mail returned, which should not be the case because I left a forwarding address. And if I said, "Guess whose car payment is now late?" and you guessed mine, you'd be right. Walk to a mailbox? Can't! Because they picked them up off all the corners! Today I stuck mail in our slot with a post-it saying to please pick it up (sort of the annoyance of having a slot instead of a box). I was out twice today and could have gone to the post office. But no. For some reason, I trusted that the mailman would come. Yeah, well, that's not going to happen again. I put that mail out there at noon, and when I got back from class at 6:15? Still there. The funny thing is I joked to Mike at three that the mailman wasn't here yet... and he probably wasn't going to come because it was raining.

That joke is so much less funny now.

Irritated. And you know, one of the few pieces of mail I got last week was a postcard from the USPS saying they're back in business and here's their 800 number for feedback. Are they sure they really wanted to distribute those in this city?

No comments: