Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Book Geek Thing

I discovered Library Thing yesterday, and proceeded to waste several happy hours of my afternoon away. It's an online service that allows you to catalogue your books, with little cover pictures and everything.

A couple of people asked, "Yes, but why?" I do not know the potential purpose of this site (apart from being able to put a really cool little bit of javascript in the sidebar of this blog, which pops up random books that I own), but it's still the neatest site ever. I guess it's something that appeals purely to book geeks, aka people who can think of nothing more satisfying and fun than staring at their own bookshelves all day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tolcser, why'd you have to tell me this? Now I'm going to need to bring my LC Schedule and Cutter Tables home with me to properly catalog all my books...and I thought I'd never have to bring work home with me. Always remember "Librarians have great buns!" and Dewey Sucks! (My god I'm a dork, but admiting it's the first step...right?)

Sarah said...

Never tempt a librarian with a big... beer? Uh well, never tempt a librarian! :-P

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'd kill for a Blue right about now...they're scarce in Lexington, but I can get twin labels...just no lights. How will I ever complete my Molson collage with out those pretty blue/green labels...I can't work under these conditions!!! Also, on the book front, I got book cases today for my sunroom making it the official library.