And Now, a Nice Interlude
I don't have to work till Wednesday, nor do I have any major school projects this week. This is hopefully going to manifest itself in a couple of good writing days. Mike had a convenient break from the journal this week, which allowed us to do nice things like have dinner at Upperline (I love Upperline; it's this eclectic art-filled Creole restaurant near my house), and go for a long walk through Audubon Park and past some amazing New Orleans houses. Most of you probably know the houses are one of my favorite things about this city, and why I love the Uptown neighborhood the best.
Paid some bills today, and registered the cat's microchip. This is the coolest thing ever, although as my dad remarked, it is rather X-Files. When the people at the shelter took him to the vet, he got a microchip. Then you go online and pay a fee and register it. Name: Jolee. Breed: Himalayan. Markings: Seal point, blue eyes, clipped left ear, broken front tooth. Owner: Me... And then if he gets lost, they just scan the microchip and call me! It makes me sad that if more people had done this, they might not have lost their pets after Katrina. But I am not about to let Jolee lose us like he lost his other people.
Speaking of the X-Files, last night's DVD viewing featured the original appearance of the alien bounty hunter. But we are going to have to stop burning through the episodes so fast because we have been neglecting our Netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment