Why is it impossible to reminisce about St. Lawrence without a beer?
Seriously. I have tried, but somehow never managed to succeed. I randomly started scrolling through the college stuff on my website, and I found myself laughing out loud. Then I thought, "Damn, what I need is a Blue." But of course, I live in New Orleans, where Blue is not readily available, so I grabbed a nice cold Miller Lite in a can.
Sigh. Sometimes I suspect I go long periods without reading these things or looking at pictures because some part of me knows I'll miss it and refuses to let that feeling bubble up. For instance, I have all my diaries from my St. Lawrence years (put them in my backpack and carried them with me out of Katrina, in fact), but I won't read them. Sometimes I even feel reluctant to talk to my friends because it will make me miss it (and sometimes, it's just geography and how busy we are).
I am just one of those people who truly believes I had the absolute best college experience ever. It's almost hard to describe how hilarious, and fun, and real it was. Blows me away that 2003 was three years ago... Well. Those pages just cracked me up this afternoon. The in jokes of the girls, the crazy nights at the Tick Tock (funny note: Mike's mom went to SLU and saw one of my pictures and said, "Is that place still there?"), the antics of me and Packy... If any of you Larries ever want to come down to New Orleans, you have a place to stay. All of you are welcome. And you're welcome forever. 
1 comment:
I miss SLU! We had a mini SLU reunion last night and went out... me, Kathy Bellows, JoAnna Bush, Stephanie Wisupt (sp) and Marygrace Balben. We were in rare form, the only difference was it took place in the basement of Duff's instead of the Tock
Post a Comment