Sunday, September 4, 2005

I Can See My House From Here!

Bry got a picture of my neighborhood on a satellite image yesterday, and outlined my block in red.



The bad news: There is water in the street, and a suspicious looking spot on the roof that may be-- what? a hole? a chunk of debris? Impossible to tell. You can't see my car, but that side of the house is shadowed.

The good news: The water is probably not deep, since it stops just a couple blocks down. The mysterious blotch on the roof is not over my room (?? questionable--this isn't really good news, it still sucks if there is a hole in the roof and I know this having had my ceiling cave in this July in Cindy). The house is still there.

Anything else remains unknown. But it looks like maybe we'll only have water/wind damage from broken-out windows (which can't be seen). So I probably DO still own clothes, etc.... I just can't get to them.

Today's rave: Anne Rice's essay on New Orleans in the New York Times.

No comments: