Friday, October 19, 2007

Go Awaaaaayyy

This is a list of exactly what fell through the slot for today's mail:

17 pieces of ElectionCrap.
1 menu from Italian Pie.

SEVENTEEN, people. In today's mail alone. I am still stuck on that, and it has been half an hour since I slipped on it walking through the front door. I hate this primary, and I hate the constant local ads, and I hate all the candidates for governor, none of whom are remotely liberal enough for me to vote for in good conscience. And I hate that I'm going to have to vote for one of them anyway, for the sole purpose of taking one vote away from Bobby Jindal and hoping he gets forced into a runoff.

This city's local politicking hits a level of ridiculousness not to be found anywhere else in the U.S. Seriously.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

See old post of yours...

Beggers can't be choosers. :-P

NOLADawn said...

Ditto. Gotta at least try to get one vote towards a runoff!
And... I am always soooo tempted to put return to sender (and let them pick up the tab TWICE) whenever I get something from the Republican Party. Ummm, I'm a registered Democrat biotches, don't send me your filth.

Sarah said...

I am too... it's like they're trying to convert me or something.