Aaahhh! A Mac! Macphobia!
One of the advantages, I suppose, to having a new job in a disadvantaged, hurricane-destroyed area of the country: Chevron bought us laptops! Or rather, Chevron donated $2 million, some of which was used to buy me a brand new white (dun dun DUH) Mac laptop.
Yes, it's a Mac. Horrors.
But the training today was quite useful, and I learned how not to freak out (I have Macphobia) when I click things and all my windows fly into the corners and I can't get them back. Because now I know what key to press to make my windows come back! I picked it up fast enough to be one of the "cool kids," aka the ones the trainer yelled at for being way ahead of everyone else, especially those 10-15 years older than us who need to be instructed how to click and drag. We were already playing in iTunes and downloading inappropriate widgets. Tonight I am exploring it like I would explore any other fun little toy. I can already think of about 3 billion things I am going to do with it. Which I will not elaborate on here, because while a couple of people know what and where The Job is, I do not want to make a habit of talking about it on this blog. For obvious reasons, the main one being that I swear too much and say whatever I want and... yeah, this blog? Not a work blog.
It also came with a 1GB flashdrive, a nice backpack, and some other gadgets. (No, despite what many of us thought when we opened the box, they did not buy us iPods. It's an Apple remote.) I think I'm going to spend the evening playing.
6 comments:
kewl
Yeah, the Tech teacher from further "down-the-road" told me that if I came there I'd be getting one... :(
That... is... so... COOL!! I am so jealous... so not in the right teaching feild!
YD spoke in internet lingo. YD (MD, actually) should never speak in internet lingo. Sorry. Venting. :-)
Love, love, LOVE Macs. You will too! The only thing that I had a problem with was not having a right click, but my new wireless mouse on my brand new iMac (from the new job) has right click capabilities so I'm happy.
You can also turn off the windows flying away thing if you want. You've probably figured that out already, if you spent last night playing with it.
You can just Control + Click to simulate a right click. :)
Maybe now you'll switch to the Light Side of the computing Force. I have already converted Kerry and Gretchen.
I wish my job gave out computers! Now they're making teachers stay after work without pay. Grrr.
Congrats on the new Mac...any questions, you can always contact me!
--Melissa
Post a Comment