Friday, July 27, 2007

Things To Do At SLU Next Week, aka Melanie's Wedding, aka Sketchy T's Return to the Hallowed North Country

1. Make a pilgrimage to the Hoot.
2. Spontaneously die of joy when Sykes clock tower comes into view.
3. Drink Blue.
4. Get a fat bag from Sergi's. (The fat bag has its own group on Facebook, I just found out. I particularly liked one comment: "The Sergi family was not content with the regular calzone. It was much too healthy. So, into to the deep fryer it went!") Faaaat baaaag.
5. Take a picture with Chrissy next to the random pipe on Park Street whose purpose we would always ponder when walking home drunk. "What do you do? Are you for Amish people to tie buggies to? WHAT ARE YOU?"
6. Hike an ADK peak.
7. Pee on the golf course (just kidding).
8. See if the rope swing is still there by the Little River.
9. Reminisce.
10. Hang out with all the best people.
11. Quote. Ourselves. Repeatedly.
12. Make CDs of horrible Tick Tock rap from 1999 and play them in the car.
13. Break into buildings on campus and be sketchy.
14. Be sketchy.

What else? What am I missing? I AM SO EXCITED.

6 comments:

NOLADawn said...

Hey! You're finally working on Technorati :) One more thing to celebrate... have a great time.

Sarah said...

Oh, whoo! So I am! I guess they really mean it about that whole 180 days thing.

Except it seems to me that other people don't have to wait HALF A YEAR for it to love their blog. At least I went from 7 million to 200,000 in one day.

Mark R. Brand said...

I haven't been back to SLU in over 5 years, and I STILL miss the place miserably. And I still salivate uncontrollably at the thought of a Pizza Roll. My own best memory of graduation time was sitting on the lawn behind Hepburn and in front of the Sykes Clock tower (which I lived in for a year), and singing "Patience" by Guns N Roses with Jeramy Gee and having someone from one of the random windows in Sykes start singing along with us.

Sarah said...

I'm totally going to get a pizza roll. I think St. Lawrence is in my blood and will never go away.

My best memory of graduation time was in '02, when I met some guy on the way to the back parking lot, and neither of us wanted to leave, so we sat down on the tailgate of his car and passed this giant jug of wine back and forth. To this day I have no idea who he was, but we had a moment.

Tina said...

I remember when I went back up to SLU for Kristen Smiths wedding. It felt like that moment that you realize you can't go home... which is bitter sweet I suppose in all of the cliched ways that bitter sweet is, well, bitter sweet.

Also, just looked at the revamped Larry Pages. I get the feeling that we would've been reeeeaaaally good friends. And we would've have reveled in totally sketchiness. Cause I was totally sketchy (in 100% of the same ways) as you... which is funny. Or at least it is to me.

Sarah said...

When I joined the house, everyone said that I was you, version 2. ;-)