Random NOLA Celebrity Sighting: Kimberly Elise
Right on the heels of last week's celebrity sighting! Kimberly Elise ate at Everyone's Favorite Magazine Street Restaurant (aka where I work) tonight. Which gives me cause to wonder how many other people from movies I've seen while remaining blithely clueless. Of course, if our bartender hadn't recognized her, I think we would have caught up when her driver came in and asked us to tell them he was going, and they'd have to get a cab back to the hotel. Anyway she was wearing a super cute dress that we all coveted, and was very nice, and asked me if it would be hard to get a cab and where was a good dessert place.
According to IMDB, she is currently filming The Great Debaters in Shreveport. She must have come down for the weekend for Essence Fest. The Great Debaters also stars Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker. Again with the "Damn, why didn't you bring your co-stars with you?!!" She must be pretty tight with Denzel-- she's been in three movies with him! And ooohh-- apparently she was also my favorite character in the Beloved movie... and everyone knows that I think Beloved is one of the greatest novels of the 20th century (maybe you didn't, but now you do). Anyhow, I'm apparently on something of a streak with the random celebrity sightings.
Although I heard I missed Stifler's mom on my day off. (I know I would have recognized Jennifer Coolidge... or so I like to tell myself. Sigh.)
2 comments:
And, she was in Close to Home which I loved and CBS canceled :(
See, I don't watch enough TV!
Post a Comment