The Monday Traffic Spike
Having kept track of my site traffic-- that is, all of my 50 readers-- for all of five minutes (well, okay, more like 30 days), I find it interesting that there is a drop-off in blogging on weekends. As a general trend across the majority of blogs, not just here. This goes for both blog posts and blog readers. And then there is usually a little uptick in traffic every Monday. I would have assumed the opposite. But then, it's been so long since I worked behind a desk with a computer. And perhaps other people are less likely than I am to spend their weekends vegging out in front of a screen.
I feel sort of bad, Monday traffickers, that I neglected to post.
Do you randomly surf more on Mondays? Does being at work make you depressed (imagine how much MORE depressed you'd be if you were like me and didn't have access to a computer at work)? Did you expect me to post something brilliant and insightful about my cat on this Mondayest of Mondays?
Well, I didn't.
4 comments:
I rarely read blogs on the weekends. But not b/c I'm doing things outside or being any more productive, it's when I watch TV. Movies. Whatever.
Internet and blog surfing, though, it's all I do all day at "work."
I see a drop off during the summer. I think that people are out and about and doing other things. I think, too, that bloggers become tired. They lose interest in their blogs, and become tired of being tied to writing something a couple times a week.
Some bloggers, to give themselves something to write about, do things like Wordless Wednesdays, Manic Mondays, etc.
Me? I could write endlessly about politics, but then that would be a different blog. I have chosen to focus mostly on personal experience and writing.
Thanks for the post..it made me stop and think.
Weekends = No time for Blogs
Mondays = Time to catch up on all regularly viewed sites
Tuesday - Thurs = less and less time as the week goes by and work must get done or travel dictates
BTW - cat stuff less interesting that other stuff (don't get me wrong, it's all good)
Also - Habs rule, Sabers...well you know the rest.
Sadie-- I wish I could surf at "work"!
Stewart-- I don't really get sick of blogging, though I think my blog does have multiple personality syndrome in that my posts are all over the place. I think people with larger blogs are the ones who tend to specialize (Scalzi's Whatever, though, is one of those ones that seem to escape classification), because people come to expect certain things from them. You're right about summer though. I tend to forget about it since I live in a city where summer is the only time we DON'T go outside.
I was being sarcastic about the cat. I'm pretty certain whatever I have to say about that cat is probably the LEAST insightful of anything I ever blog.
Post a Comment