Is That a Lightsaber or a Hydrospanner?
Or a post about Mara Jade! By yours truly! Imagine that!
You expect Mara to have a romance with Karrde, her boss, but she doesn't. You expect her to have a romance with Luke, and she doesn't. She's not there for anyone else, but is instead portrayed as a character in her own right, with an emotional arc that has nothing to do with a man. It certainly defied my expectations when I was twelve.Read the rest here...
(I'm referring, btw, to the nerdiest IM conversation ever, in which my brother and I argued about whether that's a lightsaber or a hydrospanner clipped to Mara's belt, above, in my header. And then felt like huge geeks because we knew what a hydrospanner was. WHICH REMINDS ME. I swear to god, the other week we realized they have hydrospanners on Star Trek too! Or something that also performs a screwdriver-like function that sounds like the characters are saying hydrospanner. And now I'm going to have to go look that up, and I feel like an even bigger loser. THANKS, BLOG.)
4 comments:
Oooooo, I have to read those books.
It looks like a lightsaber to me, but I'm not sure. :)
Whenever I think of hydrospanner, I think of "No, no, no! This one goes HERE that ones goes THERE!" from ESB. I'm not sure if Chewie was using a hydrospanner...ok, I think he was welding, but any reference to Star Wars tools makes me think of that.
A whole lot different than the Trek techno-speak, which, as much as I love the show, I can't remember any of it. Except for the part about warp core breaches. :)
YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM???
I think it's a lightsaber too. "That's not it, bring me the hydrospanners!"
No, I was deprived!!! I read the Han Solo trilogy, though. (Of course). And I think I read part of Shadows of the Empire...
Now I must read them!
Definitely a hydrospanner...
Post a Comment