Yeah, Bear With Me Here
I'm trying a couple experiments to get Technorati to see me. It's not going to work. But I've been inspired to waste an hour trying. I was just going to spend that hour getting stomped by the T-Rex in Tomb Raider anyway.
Edited 11:13 AM: You know what? Fuck Technorati. It indexes my old URL, and it's not even updated anymore. I thought it might be a problem with my HTML validation, but guess what-- it's the EXACT SAME TEMPLATE over there. I don't do ANYTHING to that blog, and it's still seeing it. If I go post over there, it will show up immediately. WTF. Every time I try to deal with this, I just end up getting annoyed. I shouldn't even use their tags or link them. I think I'm going to stop. I certainly don't get anything out of it. Fuck Technorati. I need a California Turkey wrap from Roly Poly right this second. You wouldn't even believe it.
4 comments:
^^I was having that same thought a few days ago when I was trying to figure out what the heck *I* was doing with Technorati, too.
Did you claim your new blog URL at Technorati? You have to post with a URL they give you, then "send out the spiders" and it's supposed to find you. (Ok, really obvious question, but thought I'd ask anyway.)
Supposedly the new Blogger Beta labels are supposed to show up automatically in Technorati....hmmm...so it should be happening automatically....
If I found out anything I'll let you know. Good luck with that...! Maybe you just need a day off and the answer will come to you. Technorati was really pissing me off the other day, too...!
Go kill more T-Rexes. :)
--Melissa
Nope. I've done everything and also emailed tech support. This has been happening for months, I had just forgotten about it and sort of hoped it would start working, like it did last time. It happens inexplicably to lots of people.
Okay... I'm going to be completely daft for a second (lack of sleep, two jobs, stress... whatever, it is, its all it's fault). What's going on with Technorati? And is this something I need to be concerned with and if so, how do I go about checking/fixing it? Or is it just not fixable?
Am confused...
Tina-- You don't have a problem. Like for instance I just went on Technorati and it tells me you posted 19 minutes ago, and it tells me the tags you've used, and it tells me who's been linking to you. You have a rank of 700,000 or so.
Now if you go check me out, it thinks I've never posted at this URL since I moved here from the old one, and I have no tags (because I've never posted), and I have a rank of like 4 million. It just doesn't "see" me.
Post a Comment