We're In the Money!
So today I talked with the principal of the school where I'm pretty sure I'll be teaching in the fall... and I found out my salary will actually be $5-6K more than I thought it would be. This is pretty exciting to me, since I've been in 'starving student' mode for way too many years now. Seriously, if someone gave me ONE thousand dollars right now I'd flip for joy.
You might be like, "You got a job? I didn't know that!" or "Wait, teaching? You have a mouth like a sailor!" I've made the decision that I'm not going to blog about work AT ALL, or mention where I work, or anything like that. I'm also in the process of anonymizing (anonymous-izing?) this blog. I think there ought to be enough Sarahs in the City of New Orleans that I'll be OK. So this will be the last you hear about work. Except my summer job as Magazine St. door girl, naturally, because it might lead to some amusing stories and, well, I'm pretty certain no one there particularly cares.
I want to be able to be myself on this blog. But I'm not entirely stupid.
6 comments:
Believe me, I understand. And as the wife of an Asst Principal and a blogger that had to resort to a secret blog, I can say that you're probably making the right decision. :)
Good for you on the money! Celebrate when you get that first paycheck.
Where are you going?? I think I'm going to South Plaq. When I found out it was 9K more than I was making in Jeff I said, UMMM yeah, don't have that much loyalty to Jefferson.
Ok, went back and read and you said you want to anonymousize... You can email me if you want :)
Noladawn--
I emailed you!
Congratulations, ditto, and totally agree.
Hear anything yet?
Post a Comment