Saturday, June 2, 2007

No More Battlestars

It figures... just when I find a show I actually want to watch, it turns out it's almost over. Season 4 is officially going to be the last for Battlestar Galactica. I have mixed feelings. Of course I would love to watch the show for many more years. Because it is my crack cocaine. On the other hand, I respect the creative team for wanting to definitively wrap it up, without having to wait for ratings, the network, etc. to make the decision. This way there will definitely be an ending, and there's no chance it will be canceled and left up in the air. It's a journey to Earth... they'd logically have to find it eventually. It's a journey with a beginning and an end. So while this sucks, as a fan of the X-Files I know what happens when a show drags on and outlasts what appeared to be its original premise.

There's also a rumor that #3 may be unboxed and make an appearance in Season 4.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Huh. But I just FOUND this show! We're only halfway through season 2, so I guess I won't complain too much. When does Season 4 start to air?

Sarah said...

Not till next spring, apparently.

Tina said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! That's TWO shows canceled on me this year... TWO. First Veronica Mars, which was so well written and witty and delightful, now BSG? Oi. I agree though, good for the writers/producers conceptualizing an ending... *Sigh*