Monday, June 25, 2007

I Can Has Plastic?

Behold. $1,000 worth of sparkly platinum plastic. Which isn't exactly a million dollars, but it gets me where I need to be this summer. I was very, very excited when it arrived in the mail today, in its fat envelope. Here, I pose with my new plastic. New plastic, by the way, comes courtesy of the Science Fiction Book Club. Shout out to SFBC, for being awesome. (Amazon, btw, did not believe me to be creditworthy enough for their card.) Turns out not only do they sell science fiction and fantasy books, they also dispense minorly-lifesaving credit lines (with points to be spent toward free books!) to their faithful members. Who knew?

Kiss my plastic.

"If I had a million dollars, we wouldn't have to walk to the store
If I had a million dollars, we'd take a limousine 'cause it costs more
If I had a million dollars, we wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner
(But we would!)"
- Barenaked Ladies

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Yay! I bet that's a relief. I wonder if they'd find me creditworthy. I doubt it, I've screwed myself majorly in that department.

Congratulations!

Sarah said...

I love my new plastic. I will pay it off in September. And they will realize how creditworthy I am. And they will raise the limit. And send me flowers and chocolates and mortgages and all sorts of lovely things.

Now I'm getting carried away. :-P