Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cat Fights

I tried to photograph the cat fight that is taking place above, behind, and below me, but it's moving too fast! All I got is a blurry Jolee poised to leap off the couch. The daily morning cat fight is really too funny. Jolee bounces around gleefully like a furry fairy, while Starbuck just runs headfirst into walls. She has no grace. Also sometimes Jolee does this weird thing where he starts yowling a strange, unearthly yowl and then bites Starbuck on the neck. It's very creepy, and I don't know whether he means it or not, but it's a horrible noise.

I am going to try to get some actual things done today so I don't feel like a total loser.

Last night Mike beats Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic again for maybe the 4th time. I was in the living room reading, when I heard, "#*@&ing JOLEE! BINDO, YOU ASSHOLE!" I looked up and Jolee was flopped out on the living room floor near me. Then I realized he meant Jolee in the game. (The characters in your party have a tendency to get away from you and run straight at four guys with guns and die instantly.) Ha.

5 comments:

Sadie said...

I love cat fights. Play ones, of course, not real ones. Especially when they start chasing each other and run in place on the wood floors because they can't get traction. Hilarious.

Sarah said...

Heh. We don't have wood floor, so all I hear is the tearing up of carpet, and I cringe. And of course the skidding across linoleum.

Tina said...

cat fights are the best... tai and pretty chase each other around all the time. pretty likes to drop down on top of tai from top of the couch and run. naturally, he cases her.

in other notes... out of curiosity what computers would you suggest (specifically laptops) for gaming? My craptacular dell kicked the bucket and I'm going to have to get a new one AND i totally want to invest in some games...

Crystal said...

I love watching the playful cat fight too. It is funny that Beignet is a third of the size of Carlos and Carlos is the one that will cry to be helped. Carlos could just roll on Beignet and that would put an end to the fight. Beignet comes from the projects, so I guess he should be tougher then the pampered Carlos.

It's funny that you mention the yeowling and biting Starbuck by Jolee. Beignet does the same thing with Giselle. He will pounce on her bite her on the back of the neck and yeowl too. I wonder if it is a Katrina effect of them being on their own like that. I don't remember if Jolee was fixed when he arrived at Celebration Station. Beignet wasn't fixed. Sometimes when they get fixed late in life, I think they can sometimes get a bit frisky? Or, they could just be a couple of weird cats?

Sarah said...

Crystal--

Nope, he wasn't fixed. And the vet thinks he's 4-5. I thought it might be that, as well. I know the male cat I grew up with used to get all "weird" and sort of walk strangely up and down on furniture and yowl, which always seemed hormonal, and he was fixed.