Sabres: So Hot Right Now
I watched the Sabres take out the Rangers in Game 6 at the restaurant during my break on Sunday. (I made them put the game on, because Mike and I are arguably among an estimated 20 people in the entire city of New Orleans who A) know the Buffalo Sabres exist, and B) care about their series.) The Rangers scored first. It was the only lead they would have the entire game. I sat and enjoyed a cheeseburger and a Coke as the Sabres went up 4-2. Someone came by and asked if I wanted anything.
I looked past them at the game. "No," I said, smiling and leaning back in the booth. "This is all I need."
I love the Sabres. I loved their crucial overtime win in Game 5, and the ensuing shootout in Game 6 that clinched the series. I was watching when they lost in the Eastern Conference Finals in 1998 and 2006. I was up at 3 AM in 1999 for the Brett Hull goal. I had a Dominik Hasek poster on my wall in college.
Even the new logo (much maligned and nicknamed the Buffaslug because, well, yeah) is starting to grow on me. Last week I began to think it was kind of cute. Because it's not really a slug. Maybe it's more like a comet. Which means that its destiny is somewhere out in the stars. Which can only mean good things.
The Buffaslug is made of gold. Believe it.
Sabres vs. Senators tomorrow night. I would not be surprised if this series goes to seven games.
No comments:
Post a Comment