Thursday, April 26, 2007

Note To Sports Merchandisers

Official NHL.com Buffalo Sabres store = on my shit list

Yes, it is cool that there are now female-sized shirts available to female sports fans. Yes, I appreciate that the situation is way better than it was 5-10 years ago. I appreciate the effort, guys, I really do.

But. This doesn't mean I need everything to be pink. Seriously. Is the logo pink? Then the shirt shouldn't be pink. It needs to be blue. Or, in the flavor of the old jerseys, I will also accept red. I mean, come on. I've seen cute female-sized Drew Brees jerseys here, and I own a perfectly cute me-sized Saints t-shirt. Hockey needs to get with the freakin' program. All I want out of life this morning is to purchase some Sabres gear over the internet for the playoffs.

All I want.

Sigh. I guess I will have to fall back on my old standby... the little boys' shirt.

3 comments:

Tina said...

At least you fit in the little boys shirts... some of us more, uh... robust (?) grlfolk have to wear the shapeless boxy men's small with the too-long sleeves. Really, what IS up with? The Patriots (football) have the same problem--every thing is pink pink pink! I hate pink. Detest it with the heat of a thousand firey suns. *sigh*

Sarah said...

Apparently hockey shirts do not even COME in a men's small. And yes, my lack of boobage definitely helps me buy little boys stuff.

I don't think the people who design sports gear "get it."

Sadie said...

You know what, I hate that shit too, and I LOVE pink.

I was football jersey shopping last fall and it pissed me off to now end. And they have to put that stinkin' sparkly ass shit on there too.

I did finally found girl shaped jerseys that looked like the real thing, though, from NFLshop.com. Keep looking, maybe the NHL will follow.