Monday, March 12, 2007

This Week In Oblivion

The coolest thing I did this week in Oblivion was climb this mountain, right at sunset. I must have taken about fifteen screenshots up there (Thayet brandishing sword! Thayet without sword! Thayet in Elven armor! Thayet in clothes!) I might have gone a little overboard.

Shortly after this impressive scenic photo shoot, I should admit that I had to reload from a previous save because I lost my horse. Like, I hopped off it to run up to the peak and take pictures of myself, and then I couldn't remember where I'd left it. I wandered around for a good ten minutes looking for the damn thing, then gave up. I am such a flake in Oblivion sometimes.

For those who actually care about my progress in the game, I'm around 50 hours in. I am currently Level 11, and almost finished with the Thieves Guild quests, I think. I just started the main quest (ie: the actual plot), too, but then I stopped as soon as I started. They wanted me to go to Kvatch to find the heir to the throne, but I didn't care to go. There was something else I wanted to steal that sounded more fun. Also, I've only seen Kvatch from the outside, but it looks suspiciously like another shit-town. How, you may ask, am I only on Level 11 after putting in so many hours? Well, I would have to guess it's because I tend to do things like change my clothes every ten minutes, or spend an hour rearranging my bookshelf (I recently decided to collect all the books in the game), or pose and take screenshots whenever I see a piece of cool-looking scenery. Or whenever I get a new sword. Or a new dress. I spend inordinate amounts of time picking flowers. Once I was occupied for several minutes trying to put a skull on my bedside table (it kept rolling over onto its face).

There's just too much to do!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I was just googleing images of elven armor to stash in my i pod so that I can look at them at work when I ended up here. Im not really a blog guru or even on the internet that much (because you cant play it) but I thought it was cool to read what you wrote. I spend the same time doing the same things in oblivion. I can't take screen shots, though. You must play on PC rather than xbox? Ive gotten a little futher and put in many hours on many characters trying to get the right experience. Ive come to settle on a bosmer, master archer, flower collecter, nature explorer, clad in elven armour weilding the elven sword. Mine is enchanted. But anyway, it was nice reading your post. _Dallas

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, I am gonna scoop the stills. You don't mind do you? Gotta appreciate the time it took to get up the mountain, especially since you lost your horse. PS Keep an eye out for the Unicorn... Coolest horse in the game... very high tempered and hard to tame though.