Monday, March 12, 2007

Starbuck = SO Annoying!

Seriously.

I refer here to the kitten, not the Battlestar Galactica character. I am home from work on my break, before going back at 6:00 to work the night shift. I have been on my laptop for, I kid you not, twenty minutes. In that period of time, Starbuck has attempted to insinuate herself between me and the computer roughly 180 times. I have shoved her off the couch at least 30 times, which seems not to deter her one bit, since she immediately hops right back up. First she wiggled under my arm, which made me not able to type. Then she went right for the keyboard. Then she attempted to sit ON my hands, while they were navigating the mouse. She keeps flopping right across my wrists. I keep pushing her off.

Yes, yes, she's purring, she's cute. But seriously, she is the world's most annoying kitten. She has this little perky "mow! mow! mmmmmow!" It would be cute if it wasn't crawling into my armpits and onto my laptop. And kissing me on the lips. She likes to kiss people on the nose, which is cute (she even did it to the vet!), but I draw the line at the lips. She does not understand "no." It would even be cute if she sat on me, but just sat still. But "still" is not in Starbuck's vocabulary. Don't get kittens. They are the spawn of Satan, with a cute face. I should also mention that this is NOT because I'm not paying enough attention to her. I already petted her and played with her... she just seems to believe everyone should be petting her all the time.

Sigh. It's hard to tell something that adorable to get the hell off and go away. I should be thankful she is out at all, and friendly, unlike my devilish feline companion who hasn't showed his face yet this afternoon. I suspect he is under a piece of furniture up to no good. (The construction workers put him in a foul mood.)

4 comments:

mW said...

Here you go. You talked about it. Here it is. A water gun.

Sarah said...

As I type, she is watching you sleep. Muahahaha...

Sadie said...

Oh, come on. You know she's cute.

I have a suggestion for the kissing: blow in her face. It might not work for you, but it does with Dobby. He hates it and he gets this perturbed look on his face and the kissing stops. For a while anyway. ;)

Oh, and we've also used a water sprayer. On Merlin. It worked too.

Sarah said...

I don't totally hate her. :-P Will try the blowing air thing, that's a good idea. I don't mind her being on me, just not in my face constantly.