Friday, February 2, 2007

Various

I have to take the Alpha Fluffball to the vet for his annual shots and checkup this morning, so I am drinking coffee and gearing myself up to be shredded. (The last time this happened, it took two of us to herd him, and he scratched up my hands, and I ended up giving up on the real carrier, because he kept planting his feet and backing out of it, so I dropped him into the cardboard temporary box that he came in. Why aren't pet carriers top loading??) I think the key is to catch him by surprise the first time. Because once he wiggles away the first time and gets wind of what's going on, it's going to be hell getting him in that box. I am not taking the baby cat, even though she still needs some kitten shots, because he is going to be a big enough handful on his own (though surprisingly meek when he gets there, due to his debilitating fear of all people). The vet's office is only five minutes away. It's not out of my way to go back next week.

Let's talk Battlestar Galactica, henceforth to be known as Battlestar Cracktica. Because they are like crack, I tell you, like crack. So here's my annoyance with DVDs. We have one episode left in Season One, and it is on a disc BY ITSELF. This wouldn't be such an annoyance if we weren't ordering them from Netflix. It's a waste of a whole disc. Star Trek: Enterprise pulled this on us too-- the last disc with one episode and a bunch of features. You know they could squeeze it onto the previous disc if they wanted to. It's sort of like the concept of the Season Finale in itself: it will be a cliffhanger, there will only be one of it, and you will not be able to get your hands on another episode for a long, long time. But DVDs shouldn't mimic actual TV! It's why I watch DVDs and not actual TV.

So the 12 colonies of Kobol all have the names of the zodiac signs. Caprica= Capricorn. Gemenon= Gemini. Picon= Pisces. I can't help thinking this is going to become significant in leading us to Earth. Right? Because the zodiac signs represent constellations that have a certain bearing with regard to the planet Earth. (If I'm right or wrong, don't tell me! I'm on Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I. This is all I've seen! I've already read enough about the show online to spoil most of the surprises, so don't tell me about Earth!) Oh! And also-- there are 12 of everything. There are 12 serpents in the vision, 12 Vipers, 12 Cylon models, 12 colonies, etc. Has to be connected somehow.

I loved how Starbuck punched Lee in the face and he punched her right back. There was no nonsense about "hitting a girl." So now she meets up with Helo on Caprica (obviously-- the whole point of her going there is to bring the two plot arcs together. I mean, it's to get this arrow, but really it's to bring two plot arcs together), and is going to realize immediately that there are two Sharons. That should be fun. Oh, straggling 13th episode... get here tomorrow!

Oh boy. Jolee just leaped two and a half feet into the air over Starbuck. He has way too much energy this morning. Help.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Ok... they totally have top-loading pet carriers. Check it out: http://www.petco.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?Nav=1&N=0&Ntt=top+loading+pet+carriers

ALSO.. Battlestar Cractica indeed! And lets talk Netflixs for a second in regards to this very yummy viewing pleasure. So Netflix Worcester sent me a copy of the mini-series (I had ordered it cause after veiwing disc one, season one, I realized somethings just didn't make sense and had prolly been answered in the miniseries). They sent it to me, it got here yesterday (which is one of my days off/writing days), I did a totally retarded happy dance at the mailbox--it involved hopping from one foot to the other while making a sound not unlike the squeal of a baby pig, which my super hot next door neighbor witnessed--immediately ran upstairs to put it in the DVD player only to be greeted by the Blue Screen of Death. The damn thing wouldn't load! So I took it out, inspected it for scratches or cracks, of which there were none, re-inserted it... Blue Screen of Death. GOD DAMN IT! I tried everything, futilely, for an hour before reporting it as damaged and giving up. Now I'm hoping, against all odds, that they'll send me a new one today. I'm totally hooked. HOOKED and I need my fix.

*sigh* stupid Netflix.

sarah elizabeth said...

Pet carrier o'easy loadin'.

That's the one we have for Ralphina. Makes life easier. Open the top, put her blankie and a toy in, and then have a bit of a struggle getting her in, but not much at all.

Sarah said...

I must have that carrier! They didn't have it at my Petco! I looked for one, too.

Oh lord, if Netflix sent me a bad disc in the middle of my Battlestars, I would Flip. Out.

P.S. It took 40 minutes to get him in the crate and he totally shredded me.

Tinsie said...

I've gone out and bought all my Galactica DVDs. I couldn't possibly wait for them to arrive in dribs and drabs, and if I was faced with the blue screen of death half way through a season, I think I'd flip.
BTW the bit where Lee hits Starbuck right back is one of my favourite Galactica scenes to this day.