Wednesday, February 28, 2007

%&*#$^@ Traffic Court

Can we have a moment for how I have to drive to Algiers now, to the permanently "temporary" traffic court? Can we have a moment for the fact that I'm only going to set up a court date to contest my speeding ticket, which means that going to Algiers today only gains me the privilege of having to go to Algiers again in two weeks? Can we have a moment for the fact that you used to be able to set a court date on the internet or over the phone, but the system has been broken since Katrina? How about a moment for me asking the officer where I had to go, because I know perfectly well that the Broad Street traffic court has been closed since Katrina, and him cutting me off and droning, "Just follow the instructions on the back of your ticket, ma'am." WHICH ARE INCORRECT. As is most of the information on the City of New Orleans' website, until you click the dropdown menu instead of the side menu, and then this semi-hidden page miraculously appears telling you that traffic court is now in Algiers. Can we have a moment for how you can only pay in cash? Or how you can still plead guilty over the website, but if you want to contest your ticket, the instructions are vague and the process is so much of a pain in the ass that I'm tempted to just send them $350 (except... not). Can we have a moment for the phone number for traffic court being not in service? And, last but not least, this piece of hilarity that a Google search turned up?

Let us all be silent and have a moment. Thanks.

4 comments:

Sadie said...

Wow. That is extreme suckitude. Think they were smart enough to make it that difficult in the hopes that you would just send in the $350 or were they just lucky that way?

Sarah said...

Pretty sure they just want people to mail in the $$$. They were sitting outside one of the most expensive private schools in N.O., plus they wrote me an extra B.S. ticket in addition to the speeding ticket. It was pretty much, "Let's park here and see who wants to pay the city!"

Debby said...

Yikes!! Moments granted with maybe a little kitty love too.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I can't believe the flier either. I got a ticket years ago in front of L.B. Landry High and the cop actually was pulling over 7 people at a time. It was during the school zone time, but by the time he got to me the school zone time was over. Jackass. I wanted to tell him, if any kids in NOLA know how to get around cars that aren't going 20 it's the ones at Landry, but I thought it best to keep my mouth shut at the moment.