Friday, February 23, 2007

Stop... the Banging... Stop

I guess it could have been worse. But seriously, was it necessary to start sheetrocking the basement at 6:30 AM the day after Mardi Gras? It's not like any work has been done on the damn basement in, oh I don't know, the last ENTIRE YEAR. Let's start the day the entire city is experiencing a weeklong hangover and needs sleep. That was a great idea. And I realize that the world doesn't revolve around late-working late-sleeping people like me. I get this.

However. Before 7 is a bit much. Even Mike's alarm doesn't go off until 7:30. Don't you think before 7 borders on ridiculous? I dealt with it for awhile this morning, drifting in and out of sleep, before giving in and getting up at 8:30. Starbuck was crawling all over my chest with her little feet anyway.

I am not even going to start on the smell of cigarettes that wafts upward from the hole in our floor and into our bathroom hallway. I am just not.

2 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

7 does sound like its a bit much, even if it wasnt the biggest hangover day in town

Tina said...

Do you love that? I also love the people who get up at 5:30 a.m. to shovel the sidewalk. And the people who work on the roads or the elevator during "rush hour" or extended weekends when everyone is either driving or having a party. But most of all, I love the people who clean my apartment building with The Very Loud Vaccumm Cleaner at 6:00 a.m. every... single... day...