Happy Mardi Gras! (We're Passed Out)
What separates this...
... from this?
The answer: about 12 hours. We were up at 7:30 AM to catch Zulu, and managed to go until about 8:30 PM before everyone abruptly lost the will to live. The plan was to shower, rally, and go to the Quarter to watch the mounted police shut down Mardi Gras at midnight... but we didn't manage to motivate further than the living room floor.
If you've wondered where I've been for the last several days, this is where. I've been straight alternating between work, parades, and sleep since Friday. My feet hurt, I am covered in dirt, and I drank Bailey's and coffee this morning before I even had breakfast. Happy Mardi Gras, y'all. Happy Mardi Gras.
2 comments:
Happy Mardi Gras to you too.
Can I just toss out a request, when you get back from being exhausted?
I'd like it a lot if you'd write a post about the going's on in New Orleans. I haven't been there since the year before Katrina, and I'm curious how things are out there. Being as you're there and I'm not, can I hear your thoughts on things out there?
I suppose I could go on, but this comment is already getting too long. Thank you though.
Be careful what you ask for...
Post a Comment