Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jolee!

It's not really his birthday, but I'm going to call it his birthday because this is the day I adopted him one year ago. This is a picture of him in the shelter. They called him Mr. Bitey because, well, you can imagine. The attitude-y expression on his face is actually very him. He's come a long way in a year. Jolee is my first personal cat. I had cats growing up, but he is the first one I've had in my own apartment and taken care of by myself. I take being Jolee's person very seriously... because I'm his only person. He will tolerate being touched by other people, but they unnerve him and he tries to inch away. Whereas, with me, he will prowl around and headbutt me and smile his purring smile. So he truly is my cat. And this is his birthday. We'll say he's five. Who knows, he could be five. It's a nice round number. Happy birthday, my kittiest. May you strew balls of white fluff across the carpet for many, many years to come.

5 comments:

SQT said...

I swear my cat has that exact same look on his face. I adopted him 11 years ago come April and he's still ornery as Hell.

Sadie said...

Happy Birthday Jolee!

I think you are both lucky to have the other. Cats are the best.

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Jolee !!!

No one is happier to see you doing so well then me. You and Sara make a wonderful pair.

I am also celebrating Beignet's birthday. It was one year ago on February 5th that he was trapped and brought in to Celebration Station and in to my life. I can't imagine it with out him (I am sure that my other cats can, as he is a bit of a trouble maker and cheap shot artist). I am sure that I love him as much as you love Jolee.

Good work Sara for being Jolee's wonderful and caring person. :o)

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Happy Birthday Jolee.

Binary Blonde said...

I dunno Crystal. I'd say that you and I are equally happy to see Sara and Jolee doing so well. ;-)

I pretty much teared-up reading this post, 'cause well.. it brought back many memories.

Thank you Sara for coming to Celebration Station when you did and giving such a great cat a chance at a great life.

Happy Birthday, Jolee! May you enjoy many more sunbeams and headbutts.