Thirteen Things On My Amazon Wishlist

I really was drawing a blank, and I didn't want to skip the TT for the third week of sheer laziness in a row. So here are 13 things currently on my Amazon wishlist. Not that I want you to rush out and buy them for me, but just for fun!
1. Red Seas Under Red Skies, Scott Lynch. Of course, this isn't out yet. But I need it.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling. I can't believe this is even ON Amazon, since she hasn't finished writing it. But hey, we can dream.
3. Magic For Beginners, Kelly Link. This is supposed to be a really excellent short story collection.
4. The Darkness That Comes Before, R. Scott Bakker. Because the last thing I need to do is start a new fantasy series...
5. Ragamuffin, Tobias Buckell. I really liked Crystal Rain. This book isn't out yet.
6. The Duchess of Duke Street, Series One. I love me some old British T.V.
7. The Fall of the Kings, Ellen Kushner and Delia Sherman. Kushner is my new favorite thing. Well, Lies of Locke Lamora is also my new favorite thing. They are both quite different things, but I hope they won't mind sharing. Ellen Kushner writes fantasy that's more like alternate history, with a very literary style.
8. The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy-- Special Extended Edition. It occurred to me that I don't have this, and I really don't know why. It seems like something I would have! But I never got around to buying any of the movies except my VHS copy of the first one.
9. Shadowplay, Tad Williams. I liked Shadowmarch enough to want to see where he's going with it. Tad Williams is a fantasy author I always buy. Also not out yet.
10. Sports Night-- The Complete Series Boxed Set. I LOVED this TV show. It was so clever and had the snappiest dialogue. But it was cancelled after two seasons because it was a cross between drama and comedy and viewers didn't know what to think of it. Which makes me sort of bitter because we're watching the DVDs of Scrubs right now, a similar show from more recent years that managed to make it.
11. Rebel Angels, Libba Bray. I'm on this YA kick, and I liked the first one. Mystery and magic at a Victorian girls boarding school.
12. My Latest Grievance, Elinor Lipman. I buy everything Elinor Lipman writes because I love her and I want to be her when I grow up. If you want to read her, you should start with The Inn at Lake Devine, which is one of my favorite books in the history of ever.
13. Life As We Knew It, Susan Beth Pfeffer. Yeah, because just what the girl who lives in the wreckage of Katrina needs is post-apocalyptic YA.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
6 comments:
Great list of items. I enjoy Tad Williams books too.
Happy T13. :)
good list
Have a wonderful Thrusday
My TT is posted
Wish I could get you those things but I just bought myself a laptop. Yea Me! I see you are reading Nine Princes in Amber. Great book, as are the nine follow up books. Some of my favorite reading of all time. I miss Zelazny.
My Thursday Thirteen #25 The Favorite TV Shows Edition Is up so stop by if you get a moment. Have a great Thursday.
Great list! I loved Sports Night! I also watch Scrubs, but I think Sports Night was just ahead of it's time. I think it would do great if it was on now. Happy Thursday!
I love the wish list, it's how I remember all of the books I want to read. Glad I'm not the only one who knows about 12th Night. I think only people from LA know about it, I swear.
I loved loved loves Sports Night. It was Sorkins perfect warmup for the beauty that is West Wing.
Oh wait, the Iggles are coming in droves. Good though means they wont be mucking up things here.
Post a Comment