Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Loud Cat

I tried to take a picture of how happy Jolee Bindo was to see me, but he was moving too fast in his joy. He was a blur of joy. I approached his napping place on the futon, and he looked at me in startlement and disbelief. "Is it...?" I reached out a finger, and he rose slowly up on his hind legs to beep my fingertip with his nose. "IT IS!!"

I think he must have been very depressed without me. He has been awfully loud in the 24 hours I've been back. He yowled all night and all day. There's nothing wrong with him, he has food and water, and his box is clean. He's not even in the same room with me, so it isn't a "turn around and pay attention to me" yowl. Or maybe it is. He's just walking around the apartment going "mow... mow... mow... mow." I think he's still expressing his displeasure. He had to live with Mike a WHOLE WEEK. But he was fed and watered and he had someone to keep him company. One would think he'd be grateful. But no. Apparently he was quite rude to Mike.

Some pets are just one person pets. He is flopped out on the floor inches from my chair, purring.

4 comments:

Sadie said...

Sweet kitty! Merlin's been loud, too, since I got back in town, and he's normally a very quiet cat. He's been so sweet and cuddly too...

Tina said...

Ha! Pretty Kitty (disclaimer: I did NOT name her) got left home after the debacle of transporting a semi-feral-but-not-so-feral-anymore cat last time. We've been home for two days, and like Jolee, she's got food and a clean box but won't shut up! All hours of the day, "merow, merow, mer-OW!" in her little siamese voice which ultimately gets Tai going, in his big siamese voice...
aren't they just wonderful!

Sarah said...

This cat is my first experience with this so-called Siamese voice. He definitely has siamese in him. And oh, it is something to behold! ("Shut up!" "YOW!" "Jolee! Shut up!" "YOOOOWWW")

Sparky Duck said...

yes, he missed you and he was still griping about you leaving, probably calling you a witch