Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I Hate Jessica Simpson

I just hate her.

Sorry, this came kinda out of the blue. It's her damn HDTV ad. I have to change the channel whenever it comes on, it annoys me that much. When she goes "Ah totally don't know what that means, but ah want it!" in the most stereotypical southern accent ever, I want to bitchslap her.

To be fair, I want to bitchslap her whenever I see her face, whether it be on TV or in a magazine or on the web. I have had it argued to me that "she's not really dumb, she's very smart and she's playing everyone and making a fortune off it." See, here's my problem with that: if she's really this savvy person-- which I don't for a second believe she is-- it's even more inexcusable. What kind of woman pretends to be dumb so boys will like her? Maybe someone in, like, the fifth grade. I thought we'd moved past that. The same goes for Paris Hilton, as far as I'm concerned. It's completely reprehensible. I've heard other women sticking up for this behavior, and it pisses me off beyond belief. Stupid is not cute. Stupid is not something adolescent girls should have plastered all over the media as a role model. Never mind that reality TV "celebrity" is the dullest and most insipid form of celebrity around.

I don't get what's so great about Jessica Simpson. I mean, I would call her pretty, in a blonde chesty sort of way, but she's certainly not beautiful. Not anything special. She looks all done up, plus she has this scary aggressive look in all her photos that makes me afraid she'd pounce on my head with her giant white teeth. I would venture to say that if she was just an average girl, without a posse of people to keep her glam, she'd be pretty but nothing you don't see every day. Whenever I say I find nothing whatsoever attractive about Jessica Simpson, other people (male and female alike) seize on this. "Sour grapes! You're just jealous! She's gorgeous!"

No, she's not. She's fake and scary-looking. Plus, I am perfectly capable of recognizing female beauty. Keira Knightley, for example, is beautiful. I could look at her all day (in a non-sexual way). ANYHOW. I hate Jessica Simpson. Whew. Nice to get that off my chest.

Hmm. My website seems to be down so my banner isn't loading. Oops.

Add two more tacos to dinner. I told you I'm down with the whole late night thing.

10 comments:

Sadie said...

Yes! I hate her too! I agree, she's very fake looking. I think she's much prettier when she's less made up and more girl next door. My husband agrees with that, even.

And her giant white teeth! Ha! I laughed out loud at that b/c I'm scared of them too.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I've always thought she had a manly face. Looks more like a transvestite.

Tina said...

Here here! Stupid drive me NUTS! I feel like saying, we (meaning women in the US) working toward equal rights, STILL working towards equal rights, and you're setting us back YEARS. Stupid is not sexy, stupid is, well, stupid. I hate, HATE it when comparisons are made to Marilyn Monroe too. Please, for the love of God, don't confuse a woman who PLAYED blonde in her movies with the actual blondes. Marilyn was actually a pretty self possessed and savvy business woman that knew how to work it. These ding dongs don't even come close.

Furthermore, there are so many beautiful and smart women in Hollywood that can be idolized (Kate Winslet for sticking by her more curvy figure, Natalie Portman went to HARVARD for christsake!, Susan Sarandon with her political activisim, even--if you want to admire someone for their world conciousness and big heart--Angelina Jolie). But no, the media has to shove these cotten headed ninny muggins down our throats. It makes me wanna puke. I mean seriously, aren't their 15 minutes of fame up yet?

Stepping off the soapbox now...

Sparky Duck said...

I hate that commercial just as much as the crashing VW commercials, and they have been all over the football games.
You know that her "act" is all her fathers idea, so in the end, she is stupid for listening to him.

Robin said...

I've always found her annoying and ugly. She looks like a guy in a wig.

Debby said...

I could not agree more!! That ad is just creepy and not sexy at all! She has the bone structure of a man which makes her look like a guy in drag...to me anyway. There is no way I want my little girl looking up to her or Paris Hilton for that matter. This not Girl Power people...this is stupidity. Thank you for stating what all of us were thinking!

Sarah said...

See! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

duracell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
duracell said...

i concur.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand her either,she's always given me the impression that she smells bad. What's worse is that my boyfriend thinks she's the grooviest...and he's old enough to know better. I can't believe that crude shirt she wore to lash out at Carrie Underwood, she really seems like the weaker woman. Yes, and that horrible Proactive ad..."just a lil' dab." I'm just glad that old pizza poppers ad is off the air. Gross. She's making a country album now (don't get me started) where she said that she wrote her songs in 13 days. She came off as thinking that was some huge artistic accomplishment. Most songwriters take 5 times that long to write one song, but then again, they might actually be people of substance.