Friday, January 26, 2007

Getting Stuff Done

This is going to be a day for finishing up a couple of projects I have been working on. I have two short stories on the verge of being presentable (ie: they can go out into the daylight and I won't be embarrassed by them), and I'm experimenting with a new blog template (would you still love me if I looked different? would you?).

I fell asleep last night to the melodious sounds of cat fight, and I woke up to, you guessed it, cat fight. I wouldn't have minded the cat fight so much, except that it was taking place on my legs. Jolee and Starbuck have taken to wrestling. This makes me a little worried, because if I had to guess (I don't have a scale), Jolee weighs about 14 lbs to Starbuck's 3. And here they are rolling around in a big furball. He jumps on top of her, and she flips onto her back and grabs his head (the only part of him she can get her hands around) between her paws and kicks him with her back legs. It looks really scary, but after he lets her go, she's the one who comes back for more. So I guess he's not really squishing her, and I don't think their claws are out. But still, I hope a) he doesn't hurt her, and b) she doesn't take one of his eyes out (his eyes are SO PRETTY. I would NEVER FORGIVE her. Yeah, not that I love one cat more than the other or anything). Whatever. When I got up, I caught them curled up on the futon together.

Earlier, as I was lying in bed, I was thinking of doing a post on how New Orleans resembles the Wild West. My first item would be the construction boom. Dear lord, they have been working on the house next door for AN ENTIRE YEAR. Yet I am still awakened by the nail gun every morning. I have a feeling the construction's going to be around for several more years. My next item would be about how it's a lawless free-for-all here. Or maybe the vast number of Hispanic people in hats. Yeah, I don't know where I'd go with it after that.

But you heard it here first. New Orleans is the Wild West.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

I wouldn't worry about Starbuck, especially since she goes back for more. Dobby and Merlin are the same way. You could always put softpaws on her, so she can't hurt him with her claws.

I'm doing a project about media coverage of Katrina-- makes me think of you every day. Not in a psycho way, though.

Tina said...

I second Sadie's cat comment... they'll be fine, its just some good ole fashioned wrastlin' goin' on! Plus, I have a feeling that lil Starbuck there (sidenote: a friend had recommened Galatica to me... got the first DVD the other day!) is going to be the Alpha cat. When I got my PK, she was pretty much feral. She recognized that people equalled two things: food and pain. But she loves her some Tai! The two are so cute, attempting to curl up in the same cubby hole together... so just given time. Who knows, maybe Jolee is experiencing a second kittenhood or something!

Sarah said...

Yeah, I'm not too concerned. I actually haven't been paying too much attention to them this morning-- they are off running around somewhere and I'm working on my laptop.