Blah
I have to work a double shift today, and it is going to be a huge drag. I worked 4 hours yesterday and made $9. Yes, $9. Because it was the Saints game and I had only one table. It's like, "Hooray! I don't do enough volunteer work already! Why don't I just work for free too?" The Saints lost. My cats were bouncing on and off the bed being obnoxious last night, and I had to box the little one. I have to spend about 100 hours observing in the classroom this semester, on top of work and school, and it is stressing me out. I had to emergency Shout my work shirt because I forgot it had ketchup all over the sleeve, and I don't want to put it on. I just paid tuition and I have no money.
So there you go, just a couple of reasons why I am feeling blah on this Monday morning of Monday mornings. I think it should be a statewide day of mourning for the Saints and no one should have to go to work.
Mike and I traded desks Saturday night. Previously I was using a table, which wasn't good for me because of my clutter problem. If it was just me, it wouldn't be an issue. Complicating matters is the fact that Mike gets twitchy and upset having to look at clutter. So he cleaned out his drawers, and I am now at his giant desk with FOUR WHOLE DRAWERS to myself. It is so much better. Having a space to put things IN ought to keep the top of the desk clear. Or so I hope. Part of the rationale is that I am at home on the computer more often, plus I have classes and writing and therefore should be the one who is closest to the printer. Maybe I'll post a picture of my new and improved desk space.
Oh, look, there go the cats again. I need more coffee.
4 comments:
I was cheering hard for the Saints! That sucked. I was also for the Patriots, so it seems that my being a jinx hasn't changed.
Mike sounds like my husband. I can't leave ANYTHING lying around or it gets "put away" in an unknown location or possibly the garbage can.
Lol... I was rootin' for the Pats... Stupid Peyton Manning. He truly is Spawn of Satan.
I hear ya about the desk! My future brother-in-law built me one for Christmas at my sister's insistance because she was tired of looking at my clutter. So now I'm tryin' real hard to be organized. So far, 22 days down and counting!
I wanted sooooo badly for the Superbowl this year to be a Saints vs. Pats game. Who would I cheer for? BOTH! It'd be the greatest game ever, I'd be cheering the entire time and really interested.
And then I watched back to back, as both my teams lost. Grar. :(
I found you through your comment on Sadie's blog. I'm in Baton Rouge! Was also hoping the Saints would win, but what can you do.
Post a Comment