Baby Gray Cat!

Introducing the new kitty... who is, for the moment, nameless. This is her being held by Mike. We were able to get a purr out of her, and she relaxed enough to fall asleep on the futon. Then I got a tiny baby hiss as I put her back into her crate. Oh well, it's only been two hours. She is huddled in her litter box at the back of the crate. But I bet she will purr again if I take her out.
In this shot, you can get an idea of her markings. She is a dilute torti, aka gray with beige spots throughout her fur. She has two beige feet and two gray feet. She is an older kitten, but still very, very small. There is a beige spot on her head. She actually looks more like a ferret, because she is long, but skin and bones. Just for some perspective on her size, here she is curled up next to Mike. So far, Jolee is pretty calm. He knows she's there; he yowled and stuck his paws under the office door. But then I came out and petted him and he purred really loudly with a self-satisfied look on his face, like, "You still love me more. You left that cat to pet ME. I win." Then he went to sleep.
7 comments:
She is precious! I WANT A KITTY!!!
Oh my, she is precious! How can Jolee resist loving her. That is so great that she purred for you. When I first got my two ferals, they just wanted to get away from us, purring was out of the question. I am told that the male cats are easier to get to love you, and the male was the first one to purr for my husband. If you got a purr out of this little cutie, you are a head of the game. I am sure that it doesn't hurt that Mike is pretty hot ! I am sure even the kitten can see that. Any ideas what you are going to name her ? :o)
shes very very cute
Kitten still doesn't have a name. She and Jolee have met. They chased each other around a little bit this morning. I am pretty sure he thinks she is a toy!
Did Jolee chase her as in " I wanna play" or "I want to eat you !" ?
Kitten is adorable, and if she was chasing Jolee, that would be beyond cute :o)
On another note, I am computer skill challenged and was wondering how you guys add pictures to your posts ?
I know this is not on topic, but I totally had those sheets or comforter or whatever that is. With the green diamonds?
We're twinkies.
Ha, it's Mike's comforter.
And Jolee has been chasing her all morning. They're playing! She even pounced on him.
Post a Comment