Thirteen Things I Want to Do In My Life

1. Publish a book.
2. Purchase my own boat. Preferably of the 20-30 ft variety. Of course, one that sails. Any other kind hardly counts as a boat. (Sailors are snobs.)
3. Travel to Europe.
4. Travel to Africa.
5. Live in an old Victorian house. (With a tower? Dare I hope?)
6. Learn some kind of martial art.
7. Play Star Wars: KOTOR 3. If they ever get around to making it. Sigh.
8. OK, so now we're getting a little off topic because I technically don't have any control over these things, but can I watch another Firefly/Serenity movie? I would certainly want to do that in my life. If someone, ahem, made one.
9. Learn to cook good desserts. I don't know how to make any desserts, except cake out of the box.
10. Have one wall that is entirely built-in bookshelves.
11. Go into space! Do you think, maybe, in like 50 years, this will be something we can just up and do? Maybe? I wonder if the vastness would freak me out completely. But then, I majored in philosophy. I think I could handle it.
12. Wake up in the morning and be able to actually SEE. That is, before I stumble into the bathroom to put in contacts with strength -5.75 into each eye. I am totally sketched out by Lasik, because I don't trust people with lasers around my eyeballs, but I really might get it someday.
13. Own a house in the Adirondacks. I could "summer" there. I could watch the fog hover above the lake in the mornings, and listen to loons, and go canoeing. Just a little crappy camp, that's all. It doesn't even need a road, as long as it has a dock.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
10 comments:
I'm right there with you on #8. Did you hear about the big Flanivention that was supposed to happen last weekend? It got cancelled the day before - the organizers just suddenly pulled down their site. Anyhoo, the Captain and a bunch of others showed up at the Backup Bash! I feel sorry for the folks who ponied up all that money, especially if they bought the weekend pass with all the extras; but it just proves that the cast totally rocks.
Now, if poor Joss would just stop twitching whenever someone asks him if he's heard anything else about more Firefly or a Serenity sequel...
I've always wanted a whole wall of bookshelves too!
Happy TT
Great list! :) Europe is amazing - I'm very glad we'll be living here for the next two and a half years, with plenty of opportunity to travel. :)
I'd also like to do 7, 11, and 12 on your list. :)
Happy T13. :)
I have a wall of bookshelves (from IKEA) and it is pretty cool, built in would be the ultimate. I just went to Cape Canaveral a few weeks ago and I think that ordinary space travel is within my lifetime. Thanks for visiting my blog!
Oooh, I'd LOVE to live in an old Victorian, too. My mother lived in one when she was young (less 10 years old) and she called it the princess house.
I hope we can both get published!
Better get serious about finishing school and get a job, if you ever want #13.
I love this list, some very worthy goals in there! I am sooo with you on the contact lenses. I've worn them since I was 11. The only time I actually don't mind poor vision is once a year when we put the tree up - myopia makes Christmas lights big and hazy! The rest of the year, it's a drag... Thanks for stopping by today, and have a fun and festive weekend!
Dk
Great list!
Thanks for visiting me yesterday! Wanting to live in a Victorian house, one with a tower is totally Shrone!
Making desserts isn't too difficult. Cheesecakes are incredibly easy, so it creme brulee. For some reason I find fruit pies challenging...
Post a Comment