Geeking Out In Upstate NY
My brother got me Lego Star Wars II for Christmas, and I spent a couple of hours putzing around in it. (It's a children's game, yet I keep falling off cliffs.) I can't install it on my computer, to my disappointment. My laptop only has an ATI Radeon 7500, which is several years old and doesn't support pixel shading or some such nonsense. I will have to either put the game on Mike's PC with the dead LCD screen, or get us a gaming tower that we can set up with the nice monitor (not a bad idea, actually). For now we put it on Bryan's new laptop.
We also installed a wireless router here and had a supremely geeky moment where we were all on our separate laptops in a family chat. Which would have been cute had we not been sitting roughly four feet apart at the time. Now all we need to do is plug in and boot up Neverwinter Nights on our respective computers and go raid dungeons together!
Ha. Or not.
3 comments:
Erik wants a wireless connection to his laptop but I have a feeling if he does we're going to become super geeks.
Wireless isn't that bad... of course, I am already a super geek with my laptop. But it is nice to be able to work in bed or wherever.
yea thats a great idea a game tower, nice, cheap and saves room on this laptop.
Post a Comment