Voting Day... Again
I hate living in Louisiana because they make you vote all the freaking time. Now, I came close to majoring in government and am quite outspoken about my political opinions, so don't get me wrong. I am interested in politics. I'm all for voting. But. Since coming back from Katrina in January, this is the fourth time I have gone to my local place of polling! And of course there will be a runoff, so in another month, I'll go again! Oy. But meanwhile, another day, another election.
People keep going on about the low voter turnout, but there was a fair little crowd at my polling place (13th Ward, 10th Precinct, Newman school). I voted for consolidating the assessors. I got to vote in the 2nd District Congressional race. Mike was of the opinion that we should vote for Jefferson because otherwise the vote would be split and the Republican candidate might sneak in. And "innocent till proven guilty." Personally, my feelings on this are the same as they were about the spring election. There is no way I am voting for a dude who had money in his freezer, just like there was no way I was voting for Nagin (who I handed a Coke at lunch today, coincidentally), because I don't want people in other parts of the country looking at us and going, "They keep re-electing these same idiots. They deserve what they get. We're not sending them any money." I voted for Troy Carter. There's going to be a runoff anyway.
And now to write more novel and check up on the results of other states' more interesting elections.
3 comments:
We just have a couple of House seats, but nothing else major. We are watching the national races right now though.
Was it a Coke or a carbonated beverage product you deep southerners call Coke?
Check this out...
VOTE FOR KAREN CARTER!! I met all three candidates -- Jefferson, KCarter, and TCarter, and by far, Karen was the most honest. What you see is what you get, and that's just so refreshing in a (Louisiana) politician.
and I agree with you. there is no way that i would vote to re-elect cold hard cash Jefferson.
Post a Comment