Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Miserable Day

It is so dark outside, I almost forgot to get up. Technically, I still have not gotten up, since I am on my laptop in bed. It is torrentially downpouring outside, which makes me not want to go to work. Not just because I know I will get wet on the way (ew), but because it is supposed to do this all day. Actually, checking the weather shows that we have a strong wind advisory and a tornado watch. And my power has flickered twice in the last five minutes. But seriously, the reason I do not want to go to work is because I will make no money. I bet I make less than $30. Which is not really worth leaving the house for. Think about it... when it's raining, do you go out for lunch? Or do you look out your office window and say, "Who wants to order in?" For me, this would totally have been a day when I looked out the window and thought, "Not going to happen," and then went downstairs in the elevator to buy a Cup of Soup from the nice Asian lady who ran the newsstand in the lobby.

Oh, and I am over my whole sucking at life thing. Thanks to everyone who responded to perk me up a bit! It was just one of those moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the deli in the lobby of my office building would have been busy on a day like that. We have had nasty rainy weather for days and days and the sun is finally out.

Robin said...

I wish I were in bed still and with my laptop.