Creativity and the Ongoing Cat Fur Quest
In an attempt to reduce my cat's recent ridiculous fur output, I am attacking him with the brush once or twice a day instead of sporadically. He hates it, but I hope it gets him used to the process. I think his coat is finally at full length, for the first time since I got him. For instance, he just hopped up next to me and his tail brushed the keyboard... leaving behind a dusting of at least eight giant long hairs. My mom very unsympathetically said, "If you don't like having a long-haired cat, give him away to someone who does."
!!! I could never give him away! I love him! I just do not love his fur attacking me. Speaking of Jolee (let's get real, though, when are we not speaking of Jolee on this blog?), he did the cutest thing Saturday night. I got home from work at 1:15, tired but with a satisfying $180 cash in pocket. I looked up into the lit living room window as I pulled my car up to the curb. No cat on the chair. But wait! As soon as the car stopped, a little head popped up in the window! I got out of the car and waved to him. Then the head disappeared. By the time I got to the door, he was there waiting for me. Yow! Yow! He must know what my car sounds like. Or else he hops into the window to look every time he hears a car park on our street. Which is just so cute. Poor guy!
Last night we went to Carrollton Station to see our friend Amanda. Amanda was one of our classmates at Tulane Law. Unlike me, she finished all three years. Like me, she doesn't want to practice law-- and is now pursuing creative options. She is currently recording her first album. It was good to see her because it reminded me that there are other people who feel the way I do about the "traditional" 9-5 version of America, and want to opt out. In that vein, I sent two submissions out this week. Probably to be rejected, because I am still working through the "longshot professional markets" part of my list, but you know what? At least they're out there!
5 comments:
You know what... getting your work out there is half the battle. And 9-5 so sucks. And all cats have hair--between Noodle and Tai, we could Dr. Frankenstein an whole nother cat. And Pretty Kitty isn't even currently living with us (and she stress sheds like its her JOB). I'm considering Swiffer stock, we use that much Swiffer products.
Jolee is so sweet!
Yeah with all of Aurora's annoyances and Pilot's getting himself hurt I could never EVER give them away! Never! We tried putting these sticky strips on the couch so Pilot won't scratch it. Apparently Aurora wasn't happy with this and has pealed them off!
did you ever see that Oreck commercial with the long haired cat that spontaneously sheds all his fur all over the carpet? Cracks me up.
And short-haired cats are no better. I could vaccuum 800 times and there'd still be cat hair.
HAHA. I need to see that ad! All the more funny because my boyfriend is assistant in-house counsel for Oreck! So luckily we do have a really good vacuum. :-)
I wish I had figured out that I didn't want to practice law before I spent 5 years doing it. Sucks.
Jolee's so sweet... little face in the window... Maybe you could vacuum him. Kidding, just kidding.
Post a Comment