While I Was Out
Presented in a bulletted list, because alas, I must go to work in 10 minutes. This is what's been going on since Thursday:
- It is exactly 50 degrees in New Orleans right now. I love it!
- I made a nifty little project on multicultural adolescent literature, which can be viewed here (with pink light-up links!) if you're so inclined. This is my second all-CSS page, and it is very simple. Most people wrote a paper. I made a website. I'm a nerd.
- The Buffalo Sabres are 9-0. 9-0! Holy shit!
- The hot water was leaking when we ran the washer Sunday night. So we turned off the hot water. Therefore I am not showering this morning because it is 50 degrees and I can't bear the thought of it.
- Something went on in Uptown or Broadmoor at 6:30 AM that involved a LOT of sirens. My guess is someone was shot (again) or something burned down.
- I am in the middle of a stretch where I will work 8 days straight. This isn't something I would normally do, but I'm going to Rochester Thursday-Sunday and I needed to pick up some shifts.
- I decided to go for it and do NaNoWriMo again this year. Because, as I realized last week, life is short. I have a heroine and sort of a plot. I'm doing humorous sci fi. This story has been simmering in my head about a month now.
3 comments:
Sabres?
Is that some kinda funny Yankee football team?
I'm kidding, I'm kidding!
I know about soccer.
:)
I'm considering the merits of NaNoWriMo myself... wondering if I can balance teaching the Little Darlings, correcting the Little Darlings papers, reading the Little Darlings homework, grading the Little Darlings papers, working on my own homework, writing my thesis... blah blah blah. But I think I've convinced myself that NaNoWriMo could be my fun destresser, you know, indulging in a little fantasy writing on the side... but I digress...
Oh yeah and your brother's birthday...:-) Our parents got me a toothbrush. They sent it to my office. Good thing it was in an Amazon.com box so our mail room people wouldn't think I was weird. They also assured me that they're sending another, more personal one, also to my office. I hope it's...shall we say...non-descript. :-) (Sabres? Go WILD!)
Post a Comment