Sunday, October 15, 2006

No More Laundromat!

Mike's parents bought us a washer and dryer!!

This is rather exciting, since Mike lost his to Katrina when the basement flooded. We have been frequenting the Babylon on Maple Street, a wonderful facility where there is no AC but you can get a nice chicken kabob and a Coke next door. Since Mike has less clothes than I do (my Victoria's Secret collection can stretch for a month), this usually translated into him doing laundry on a regular basis and me hardly ever washing my clothes. I washed my work uniform in the bathtub with bleach. Now we are going to have laundry right in the basement. Thanks, Mike's parents!

In other news, my family is coming here for Thanksgiving. I think I might have to go to the vet and get my cat some kitty valium or something, in preparation for that holiday. Last night he was sitting in the window waiting for me to come home from work. When I went into the kitchen, I noticed that he had waited till I got home to eat his dinner. Poor guy. I hate being that lame overreacting person who medicates the cat, but I don't want him to get so upset he starves himself. The apartment is just not that big. He is pretty much restricted to just our room if he needs to hide from people. If it just seemed like he didn't like people, I wouldn't care. But he's really scared of them.

Yesterday at Sears, they had The Empire Strikes Back and Serenity playing on giant flat screen TVs. Oh, jealousy... I could think of worse ways to spend one's Sunday than watching good sci fi movies on a $2,000 TV...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I kept the bedroom door semi-closed so he could have a safe area. But who knows... he relaxed after 4 days and came out yesterday. My family will be here 7, so I'll just hope he chills out. Plus they are cat people.

Sarah said...

Al-- I did see that when I googled the other day, actually! I'm going to try it out. :-)