Thirteen Things Video Games Have Given Me A Chance To Do That I Will Never In a Million Years Do in Real Life

I am not a huge video game person. I mean, I played the classic Sierra games of the 80's, a bit of Castle Wolfenstein, and hours and hours of Snood and Spider. Then Mike bought Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, or, as we call it around here, "The Game." I became obsessed in a way that bordered on unhealthy. Who knew? But there are a lot of fun things video games let "you" (or your character) do that you will never, ever in a million years be able to do in real life. Such as:
1. I hypnotized a chicken. Really! I hypnotized it and told it to attack a sorceror. Unfortunately, it got squashed flat in about 10 seconds. Then I felt kind of bad.
2. I played a slot machine until I won enough money to buy a spaceship.
3. I walked in a room and waved my hand, and fifteen people instantly fell down dead. (I was kind of unstoppable in that game. Mildly ridiculous.)
4. I used the old Jedi mind trick to get out of paying for stuff ("You don't need to see his identification").
5. I became a hero to the Wookiee people. An entire planet of walking carpets worshipped me.
6. I got invited to party with the Sith. Ain't no party like a Sith party, 'cause a Sith party don't stop.
7. When people pissed me off, I just killed them.
8. I went around wearing tight black pants and a bikini that protected me like armor... but looked like a bikini!
9. And my boobs inexplicably didn't fall out when I fought!
10. I explored an alien toilet.
11. Some things I've carried around, you know, just in my pockets: a ladder, an ogre's head, 43 frag grenades, a scuba suit (complete with head bubble), an entire DEAD BODY...
12. I got swallowed by a whale and hung out inside its stomach.
13. I had a double-bladed purple lightsaber.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
10 comments:
That was a fun list!
Thanks
Mine is up too
Great list. :) I loved the Knights of the Old Republic Games - both I and II. :) Great, great role-playing games. Terrific list - would you mind if I borrowed the idea for a future TT? (I love computer games.)
this is a great list. I wish I could fit that much in my pockets!!!!!
Happy TT
What's the name of game #3? It sounds like something I'd like to try.
I love the bit about the walking carpets worshipping you. It made me LOL.
Thanks for visiting my TT!
Totally cool list. I'm not a huge player myself, but once in awhile I get hooked...especially the Harry Potter games!
Happy Thursday!
These are great! My husband has just recently introduced me to the world of video games.
Thanks for visiting me today :)
You can't forget about making Orat explode by feeding him dehydrated water. "Roger, it appears you are up the proverbial estuary without means of locomation."
Hey thanks for stopping by! I'm slightly addicted to this blogging stuff.
I have to say, when I read your "inside of an alien toliet" comment... I thought immediately of that scene from Trainspotting....
Tina.
I know what you mean, I am totally obsessed with The Sims 2. I have downloaded millions of files, only to have them crash my game. I was download crazy, I would refuse to take any out because I wanted to keep them all, rendering my game unplayable. How the heck does that make sense? Ok, I am getting a little better, LOL Great post!
Post a Comment